Friday, April 2, 2010

Almost DONE! Week 11 Over...

This week... 3.1 lbs LOST! I can't believe it. I thought I was at the point where losing weight was going to get harder and harder and this week brings me right back into my honeymoon stage!! This week was a reminder that if I pay enough attention to what I'm doing I have total control over my progress.

What did I do differently this week you may ask... Well I went back to the old program I was doing when I first started this. The last couple of weeks I think I got really comfortable with eating less food but with higher calories. Last week I mentioned that my dietitian said I could dip down to 1000 calories if I could handle it. Well that's exactly what I did this week. And it worked! When I really thought about it, I guess I was only eating less than 1200 in my earlier weeks. The reason I opted for less food with higher calories was because eating a bunch of salads and protein was just TOO much food. I realized though this week that, that was probably the key to losing more weight this week.

It was NOT easy though. 1000 calories ain't NO JOKE! It was tough selecting the right food so that you can get more bang for your intake. What I found myself doing was eating a whole bag salad for dinner with my protein and adding fruit. The volume of food increased but the caloric intake was relatively minimal. I stayed fuller longer (sometimes). Some days I was hungrier than others. I did have one high calorie day which was Tuesday. I indulged in cheese! Full FAT and everything cheese. It was SOOO good. That was OK, it wasn't bad that I did that. My dietitian seems to thinks that more fat probably helped me lose more weight. I worked out less this week as well. I am still trying to rehab my knee. So I actually rested 3 days last week and did a TON of walking.

So I will continue on this path for my last week in phase 1. I will consider myself in phase 1 until I hit my goal weight. If I can keep up this trend I should hit my goal weight in 3 weeks. So my goal for this week is to lose another 3 lbs. I hope it's possible. We added the last stage oh phase 1 which is whole grains. I will make a run to the store and buy some of those Orewheat thins. They are about 100 calories per serving. I hope that this does not slow my weight loss. We will see. Have to introduce it slowly to see how my body reacts. Let's hope it's all positive.

Next week I will have my measurements and to date weight loss. Till next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment