Saturday, April 17, 2010

Phase 2 week 2...

This week has been tough! My workouts are getting harder and my trainer seems to be pushing me a little harder. I think the reason is because now I only see her twice a week so she is really trying to cram everything in. She put me on a bike on Monday and I swear I nearly gave up. I think I only said twice this whole program that I couldn't do something and Monday was the 2nd. She put me on the bike with this hill program and set it at level 8. She told me that this bike was much harder than the regular bikes we use. Level 8 on this bike is like level 13 on the other bikes. On our usual bikes she put it on level 10 the week before and it was the hardest I had worked on the bike!!!! Best to say that I was BEAT by the time I was done. She also has me lifting free weights now. This is nice, I like it much better than the weight machines. You can feel a lot more control in your movement and muscle isolation.

I lost 2.2 lbs the last 2 weeks. I think it had something to do with the bread that I had added back into my diet. I ate it the first week but didn't eat any of it 2nd week. This week we decided to continue with the whole grains but instead of bread we are trying whole wheat couscous, wild and brown rice, and maybe quinoa. I tried the whole wheat couscous last night and I actually liked it. I've lost weight before while eating these things so I think I should be good. When I first added the whole wheat bread it didn't quite agree with me. It felt heavy and almost made me feel a little more bloated than usual.

I've always been in tune with my body, but more so now. It's strange how I can feel what things irritate my body. That is why food elimination is great. You can see how you do with certain foods. This helps you understand how your body reacts and what is not good for you when you're trying to lose weight. I think that the bread will be good for me when I've hit my goal weight. It's the same situation as tofu. It helps me maintain but not lose weight.

It's been a lot more difficult to work out 3 times a week by myself. I think it takes more motivation and dedication to workout on my own more. It was pretty easy with just two days. It was good to meet with the trainer 3 times a week. Now that I only have her twice a week I feel like I have this opportunity to slack a bit. It takes a lot more focus to get myself into gear to get that extra day in without her having to help me along. I'm working on it, let's hope I drop down to 4 days a week. My workouts on my own are difficult because I have to do 60 minutes of cardio and then lift weights on my own. It's hard to stay on machines for that amount of time. Sometimes you just feel beat and tired. With my trainer she is there to help encourage me and push me along. I have to get my head right.

No comments:

Post a Comment