Friday, April 30, 2010

Week 4 of Phase 2.

Today marks the 4th week in phase two for me. 8 more weeks left to go for the total program. I'm starting to feel like I'm slowing down but also part of me feels like everything is really part of my routine. I am almost out of the honeymoon stage but I am trying to keep my motivation up and stay here as long as I can. There are a few things that are actually good that I am able to focus positive energy on.

I weight in today and lost a total of 4 lbs. That is 2 lbs per week since my last weight in. My weight today is now 125lbs. That is 5 lbs away from my goal weight and 10 lbs away from my ideal weight!!!! I am VERY excited about that. I didn't think I was going to lose weight at all this time. I totally expected it to be either no weight lost or that I actually might have gained a pound.

Here is why.. I went on vacation!!! I actually was really good for the most part. I did plan in one day/night of cheating and it was the GREATEST thing ever. NO guilt.. it was nice. I had drank a bottle wine (yes bottle), at half of a pastrami sammy, a bag of jalapeno cheetos (if you've never had them, you have to try them), and half a donut... All of this pretty much equaled about 2600 calories in one sitting. DAY'AM! That's more than half of what I've been eating on a typical day. It was OH SO GOOD. I didn't feel the best the following day but you have realize my body was probably in a little bit of shock. My dietitian says that since I was really good before and jumped right back on after that's what helped me lose weight. Having a couple of higher calorie meals is not bad for you. It can actually help. Hummm, maybe I try this more often???

Today my dietitian says that since we are in phase two I can start adding starchy veggies, wine, and desserts. NOW she's not promoting desserts, but she says she is informing me of my choices. I was actually surprised to find out that a lot of the things I was eating before aren't that bad for you. Things like skinny cow ice cream sandwhiches (again if you haven't tried them, you should). I also found out that Trader Joe's has this thing call the no pudgy brownie mix. I just might have to try it. She recommended that I only have desserts once or twice a week. It's considered an extra and you don't want too much. This might slow down my weight loss.

So what's in store for me.. Well my son's 1st birthday is coming up. I am going to PIG my little heart out. I can't wait! YUMMMMMM.. This day will also be my first debut since I've lost most of the weight. I anticipate that people are going to freak out a little. That's ok, I'm ok with that. I just have to remind people that I'm just back to normal. Not that I was ALWAYS so big that I just lost weight. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment